Monday, March 16, 2009

Banshee Brainstorm / MockUp


I love Banshee, and since I didn't like the Amarok 2, for me it is the only media player I use on my Ubuntu. However there are some areas I believe Banshee can do better, to showcase my ideas about Banshee I created some mockups for what Banshee can do and become. The images are self explanatory, just click on them to see bigger.

Banshee mockup overview:

Banshee Last FM data fetch:

Banshee Wikipedia data fetch:

Banshee Youtube data fetch:

Banshee Lyrics data fetch:

If you liked this mockup please feel free to digg it and spread it so it can be heard by developers.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those mockups are great! You should also add unique bugreports on bugzilla.gnome.org for each function and post the links here. It would be also interesting if you will start hacking on any of those cases.

Mert said...

I filed tge bug at gnome.org

http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=575549

Thanks for the advice, wish I had the coding skills to hack on it :)

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, but that UI is wasy to cluttered. Too many panes. Too much too look at and move around.

A music player should be simple to look at and simple to use and I like the way Banshee is yet up right now!

Mert said...

@anonymous: some other people also mentioned it looks cluttered as well. Therefore we decided to put some of those new features (last fm data fetch, wikipedia data fetch, youtube data fetch and lyrics data fetch) into the now playing section of banshee as they are directly related to the song playing at that moment. Where as music tagging and song timeline should stay at the main window.